Monday, November 23, 2009

I am Proud to Have a Brother who is Brave

This time of year always makes me think of family and having gratitude for those serving our country, especially those who will be away from loved ones this holiday season. While organizing photos, I saw this photo of my brother and knew I had to post it if not for the shear fact of showing off how handsome he looks in his uniform.



I am so proud of Aaron for serving our country. He is a honorable man and I am so amazed by his love for his family, country and for keeping America safe and free. He was in the 82nd Airborne Unit in the Army. For those of you who don't know what that is - it means my brother is a BAD ASS.

Here is the mission of the 82nd Airborne
"Within 18 hours of notification, strategically deploy, conduct forcible entry parachute assault and secure key objectives for follow-on military operations in support of U.S. national interests. No other military unit can respond more rapidly and effectively to conflict anywhere in the world than the 82nd Airborne Division. Known as "America's Guard of Honor," the 82nd is widely recognized as one of the most powerful forces in America's military arsenal."

So yes, my brother jumps out of airplanes.

Four years ago, Aaron was off fighting in Iraq over Christmas and it was so hard to not have him home. My heart goes out to all the families and soldiers who fight and are away this season. May God keep you safe and return you home to your families, just like He did for my family.

Aaron's son Hayden, Like Father like Son

1 comment:

The Sullengers said...

It's crazy that I was friends with Aaron in college- such a small world! I didn't know he was in the army? That is awesome and I'm thankful for him! What a cute son he has!