Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Mother

Today is my mother's birthday.  I am so grateful for her.  My parents left yesterday to fly back home to Utah and it was sad to see them go.  We had such a wonderful time together laughing and sight-seeing and going out to yummy restaurants and watching movies. 

One of my favorite things about my mom is her contagious laugh.  It is enough to make you laugh so hard you almost pee your pants.  Sometimes she laughs at the most ridiculous things and she wont stop for like ten minutes and for the next 2 hours she bursts into spells of laughter because she can't stop thinking about whatever it is she found so funny.

My mom had 5 kids-can you believe it-I don't even know if I can handle having one and she had 5 and to top that off she had all 5 kids without drugs.  Needless to say, my mom is one tough cookie.  A great example of this is when we lived in Michigan, I had to have been like 5 or 6 years old,  my mother made tuna macaroni casserole.  My oldest sister and a pill at the time as she was going through her pubescent years of her life said "Mom that is disgusting. I am not eating that." Mind you to set the scene my mom isn't a lover of cooking, so if she made a meal you better be proud of her and grateful cause she did it out of love for her family and not cause she loved to cook. So my mom was a bit fed up by my sister and just walked behind her and dumped the whole pan of food on her head. My sister was covered from head to toe in tuna macaroni.  Way to go Mom!  I learned right then and there to eat whatever I am served.  So thanks for that and thanks for being so great.

Happy Birthday Mom! I love you.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

lol, the only story you could remember where we taxed mom's patience was one where I was the offender?!?!? lol. I am going to have to remember one of yours and post:)
BUT I agree, Mom Rocks!!!