Monday, January 10, 2011

House on "It's Complicated"

 

Have you seen the movie It's Complicated starring Meryl Streep, Steve Martin, and Alec Baldwin?  I really loved it.  Anyways, I really loved the house in this movie. I am a huge fan of rustic wood and earth tones used in homes. One day when I build a house I want ceilings like this one and doors like these in the house.









Jane's vegetable garden made me swoon. It looks like something out of a Martha Stewart magazine.





This is a clearer shot of the long back counter in the house.

I really like the grouping of appliances all in one area to free up space elsewhere.
Traditional Home magazine did a feature on the movie in their 2009 December issue. This is their shot of the kitchen.

Arched doorways along the hallway are a fabulous touch for detail.



Traditional Home living room shot from film.
Traditional Home magazine shot of the bedroom. I love the huge night stand she has beside her.

Her Bakery, doesn't it make you just want to eat every sweet in the building?  It is heavenly to me.
It's Complicated-Bakery 1It's Complicated-Bakery 2
It's Complicated Bakery 4

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Every Nancy Meyer film has a to die for home in it! I want the home in "Somethings gotta give" and I LOVE the house off "The Holiday".....