Monday, August 29, 2011

A Home Birth

So my sis had a baby at her home last night (on purpose...and by the way he was almost 9 lbs...ouch!) Way to go sis.  It is her 4th baby (technically 3rd pregnancy cause the first time around was twin girls) so her body seemed to know what it was doing.  She had him in water, I am guess a small pool or portable tub of some sort.  Anyways, I found this post about a home birth using a pool awhile ago and never really had a reason for posting it until today.  Watch it--don't worry you wont see a placenta or anything else scary and gross.  It made me cry.

Leo Hart from The Panic Room Videos on Vimeo.


So I ask you readers, "Would you ever do a home birth?"  My answer is Hell to the No for several reasons regarding my health and fear of pain. What is yours?

No comments: